Keesha that would be great thanks.

Veronica

----- Original Message -----
From: "Keesha Mitchell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Subject: Re: [OTlist] hypertoned elbow (Veronica/Shawn)
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I recently went to a CEU course on the Integration of NDT, PNF and Contemporary Neurological Treatment Models and the Application of an Integrated Model to Post-Stroke Rehabilitation. presented by Lisa Saladin,PT, Msc. Lisa stated and I quote " preliminary studies have demonstrated that resistive excercises do not increase spastic restraint and that strength training may be effective." It was thought the use of excessive resistance would increase the presence of abnormal co-contraction and decrease the quailty of movements. The new data has demontrated that strength training is an important component of intervention for patients with spastic hemiparesis. If you would like some of the resources that this data was collected from, please let me know (I have a list)
Keesha

Want to chat instantly with your online friends? Get the FREE Yahoo! Messenger