Hi All:

Glad to see that so many are back.  DCD generally refers to Developmental
Coordination Disorder.  Here is some info about it:

Definition

Developmental coordination disorder is a childhood disorder characterized by
poor coordination and clumsiness..
Causes, incidence, and risk factors

Roughly 6% of school-age children have some degree of developmental
coordination disorder. Children with this disorder may trip over their own
feet, run into other children, have trouble holding objects, and have an
unsteady gait.

Developmental coordination disorder may appear in conjunction with other
learning disorders or may occur alone. Communication disorders and disorder of
written expression<http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001543.htm>
are two of the learning disorders often associated with this condition.

Symptoms

Children with developmental coordination disorder have difficulties with motor
coordination as compared to other children the same age. Some of the common
symptoms include the following:

  a.. Developmental delays in sitting up, crawling, and walking.
  b.. Deficits in handwriting
  c.. Problems in gross motor coordination (jumping, hopping, standing on one
foot)
  d.. Problems in fine motor coordination (tying shoelaces, tapping one finger
to another)
  e.. Clumsiness<http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/003198.htm>
Signs and tests

Physical causes and other types of learning disabilities need to be ruled out
before the diagnosis can be confirmed.
Treatment

Physical education and perceptual motor training are the best approach for
treating coordination disorder.
Expectations (prognosis)

The degree of recovery depends on the severity of the disorder.
Complications

  a.. Repeated injuries
  b.. Learning problems
  c.. Low self-esteem resulting from poor ability at sports and teasing by
other children