Hello Tia:

I'm  going  to  try  to answer some of your questions as best I can. You
will  want  to  check/verify  all  responses  with  your  local Medicare
intermediary:

1.  97003  is NOT a timed charge. Whether it's 15 minutes or 55 minutes,
the  charge  is  the same. For FTE purposes, you may want to include the
length of time needed to complete the evals.

2.  Some  codes can be done the same day as an eval, other codes can NOT
be done unless a modifier is used, indicating that the two or more codes
are separate charges. This is part of what's called the National Correct
Coding    Initiative.    More    information    can   be   found   here:
http://www.cms.hhs.gov/physicians/cciedits/

3.  The  documentation time is not billable. If it takes 1 hour to do an
assessment and 1 hour to write the report, only 1 hour is billable.

4. Documentation time is not billable.

Because   much   of   what   therapist's   do  is  NOT  billable,  (e.g.
documentation,   chart   reviews,  screens,  phone  calls  to  insurance
companies,  etc) using billable units as a way to track time utilization
may not be the most accurate reporting method.

Are  you  trying  to  just  capture  codes or to follow Medicare billing
guidelines?

Ron

===========> Original Message Follows ....