Hi Jimmie,

That so neatly summerises what we've been feeling in our department recently!
Myself and 2 other OT work in Paeds in our department and that's exactly what
we've been seeing.  We have been boxed into working with children and
addressing only their physical needs.

As a department we have made a decision that we are going to return to our
'roots' and implement what we were taught as students... to offer a holistic
service including issues that arise on the mental health spectrum i.e.
addressing self esteem difficulties, etc. as part of our therapy intervention
programs.  It does mean that we've had to speak to our collegues working
primarily in mental health for assistance in renewing our knowledge bases
though!

Veronica