Bravo Orli!

Orli Weisser-Pike <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:  Unfortunately, I have to agree
that I see the same thing in our profession. I find myself working with very
client-centered occupation-focused OTs--typically the ones who have been
working >25 years; alongside newer OTs who are "wannabe PTs of the upper
extremity". In fact, one colleague in particular stands out. Her patient had a
stroke several years ago, and can take care of most of the basics--dressing,
toileting, reading, etc. However, every time he has come in in the past several
weeks, the OT (my co-worker) comments on how long his nails are; he virtually
begs her to cut them; and she proceeds as usual to inform him that she cannot
cut his nails--and then stretches his shoulder for the rest of the session. It
never ceases to amaze me that nail care has never been addressed in
therapy--EVER.

Having said that; I also believe in "showing the way" and leading by example.
It irks me to see OTs who spend most of the time with their hemiplegic patients
lying on their backs at least 75% of the hour while having their shoulders
stretched and ranged.

Oh well, bitch bitch bitch, hissssssss--sorry about that. Ron I am joining your
collective BITCH about our profession.

For the New Year, I will resolve to talk only POSITIVELY about us amazing OT
professionals!

Happy New Year.