I am attending a low vision 2 day course by Mary Warren on June 2 and 3 in
Kansas City, MO.  She now has a new book called "starting up a new vision
program for OT's".

I recently purchased this book and haven't gotten it in the mail yet.

I have used her BiVaba  assessment at my previous job and loved it.  I used
it more for patients w/ strokes and head injury to check where their
hemianopsia was in their field of vision, visual pursuits, visual acuity and
also for scanning.   There are nice pages for scanning.  They are bigger
than a normal 8 x 11 paper.  It was nice to test scanning far to the right
or left and also in midline.   There is so much more to this assessment.  I
didn't really get to work w/ these patients for long due to job changes.
This assessment probably is more appropriate for neurological diagnoses.  I
want to purchase this for my new job maybe after I go to the course.

 Mary also did research for the Dynavision and is a co-author to that
manual.  I feel she is a very reputable OTR/L for low vision, visual motor
and perception.

 Mary Warren courses are through VisAbilities Rehab services in Alabama and
I believe you can purchase BiVabe assessment and many more.

Cimberly Viken, OTR/L

Enroll in Boston University's post-professional Master of Science for OTs
Online. Gain the skills and credentials to propel your career.
www.otdegree.com/otn