I have been fortunate to love my job and get many blessings from my
patients. I will also say like others it's more a passion.  Also, I can use
a lot of my skills in the real world outside of work.

 There are so many people out there that go for a paycheck and never get a
passion.  I know someone who worked 30 years and retired at a job he never
liked.  He now is retired and has lower blood pressure and enjoys himself
working part-time at a low paying job but loving it.  I don't want to be
anything like that.

I have always felt if a job becomes a burden I must quit, but if it is a
challenge I will stay.  I graduated in 1994 and stayed at my first job 10.5
years and my second job is 2+ years.  Both were at in and outpatient
hospital settings.  I did work for 2 years per diem for a few contract
companies in the nursing home setting.   I will agree w/ others that the
politics get me down sometimes and fighting to get OT's name recognized.
But like I said above it's still a challenge, so I will stay.  I now work
for a rural hospital and I am the second level from the CEO and that is lots
better than a bigger hospital that has 4-5 levels to the top.

Great reading other responses.  A great motivator for me.  Thanks.

Cimberly Viken, OTR/L

Occupational Therapy

Enroll in Boston University's post-professional Master of Science for OTs
Online. Gain the skills and credentials to propel your career.
www.otdegree.com/otn