From: "Johnson, Arley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: OTlist@OTnow.com
Sent: Monday, 13 August, 2007 9:11:28 PM
Subject: Re: [OTlist] Neurofacilitation

Since I didn't get a response, then I shall assume that no one else has any
other strategies. That's good because I was close to engaging in a drawn out
debate with a PT with an APTA neuro specialty cert that felt an OT did not need
a practical understanding of NDT principles to deliver comprehensive care in
the acute rehab environment. I believe that her point of view was NDT did not
have much, if any, supportive literature proving its' effectiveness. Therefore,
NDT had failed the evidence based practice test and I should not require an OT
working on a Stroke unit to complete a competency on NDT principles and
application.

Evidence based practice makes sense, but to exclude a treatment option because
limited research exists, does not mean that it does not work. As always, the
research itself needs to be reviewed to determine if it measured relevant
areas. I'll get off my soapbox now ...

Please, I welcome any comments, because my debate isn't officially over.

Arley Johnson MS, OTR/L

personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. If the reader of
this message is not the intended recipient or an agent responsible for
delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have
received this document in error and that any review, dissemination,
distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail,
and delete the original message.

Enroll in Boston University's post-professional Master of Science for OTs
Online. Gain the skills and credentials to propel your career.
www.otdegree.com/otn

now.
http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/