How's her vision?  Does she wear bifocals?  What's the rest of her
neuorlogical status?  Psychosocially, is she always anxious with new
activities?  I know my mother in-law had a brain tumor years back and when
placed in emotionally stressful conditions (eg son leaving to come back to
Florida), she will seemingly not be able to go up and down the steps on her
pretty knees, even though physically she is ok.  She floods easily and
becomes anxious although she can't articulate that.  She has also has tricky
visual spatial difficulties that are hard to see unless you have some
training in behavioral/ neuro-optometry.  Any of these been looked at?

Beth t.