Thank you for the reminder...This is very important people.
  Jim Arceneaux

angela jones <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 19:43:13 -0400> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> To:
> OTlist@OTnow.com> Subject: [OTlist] Therapy Cap> > >From AOTA:> >
> =================================================================> > Advocate
> Now!> > STOP THE THERAPY CAP DAY October 31, 2007> > > Have you used the
> Medicare therapy cap exceptions process to assure that> your patients get the
> therapy they need? Those exceptions are about to> go away…> > In less than 80
> days the therapy caps will return without exceptions if> Congress does not
> act. The current exceptions process expires on> December 31, 2007 and
> Congress is quickly running out of time to take> action on essential Medicare
> provisions. In addition to the return of> the therapy cap, without
> Congressional action occupational therapists> will also be subject to a cut
> in 2008 payments under the Medicare> physician fee schedule of nearly 10%. It
> is paramount that occupational> therapists, occupational therapy assistants,
> students of
 occupational> therapy and the patients we serve TAKE ACTION NOW!> > AOTA,
along with leading therapy and patient organizations, is hosting a> focused
advocacy effort to make sure Congress hears the message that the> “caps must be
stopped” and that the “cuts must be prevented.” To help> ensure that Congress
hears this message loud and clear, we need you to> participate.> > * Come to
Washington, DC for “Stop the Therapy Caps” Advocacy Day on> October 31, 2007.>
> Contact AOTA’s Federal Affairs Department to RSVP and register> Today at
[EMAIL PROTECTED] or 1-800-SAY-AOTA.> > * Advocate from “home.” Call the “Stop
the Therapy Caps” toll-free> call-in line October 29 through November 2.> >
Call 866-346-2770 from October 29 to November 2 and be briefed> on the key
message to share with your Congressional office on> the therapy cap and then be
patched directly to your Members of> Congress.> > * Make your voice heard!
Participate by sending emails and letters to> Capitol Hill to
 express the need to pass legislation NOW to stop the> therapy caps from
returning without exceptions and to prevent the 10%> cut in the physician fee
schedule.> > To email or to print a letter to send to Congress, please visit>
AOTA’s Legislative Action Center at http://capwiz.com/aota/home/> > *
Additional information:> > For additional information and the latest updates on
the therapy caps> and fee schedule updates visit AOTA’s Web site at
www.aota.org and> AOTA’s Legislative Action Center at
http://capwiz.com/aota/home/.> > AOTA, Federal Affairs Group, PO Box 31220,
Bethesda, MD 20824-1220 -> 1-800-SAY-AOTA> >
Options?> www.otnow.com/mailman/options/otlist_otnow.com > > Archive?>
www.mail-archive.com/otlist@otnow.com> >
 Enroll in Boston University's post-professional Master of Science for OTs
Online. Gain
 the skills and credentials to propel your career.> www.otdegree.com/otn>
Boo! Scare away worms, viruses and so much more! Try Windows Live OneCare!