Bill,
I have worked with many patients who have fallen walking to the
bathroom or transferring to the toilet or bedside commode. Also falls
in and out of tub or shower. Not sure if I just hear about it more
because I ask those questions probingly during wheelchair and
equipment evaluations. As far as numbers, I would say that of the 20
patients I've seen this month, 8 of them have had this type fall.

Hope that's helpful.
Mary Alice Cafiero, MSOTR, ATP
On Jan 24, 2008, at 9:05 AM, Bill Maloney wrote:

> How many of you have personally worked with, or know of (perhaps
> from colleagues or other disciplines within your practice settings)
> patients who have fallen, with or without resulting injuries while,
> specifically:
>
> 1. ambulating to/from the bathroom for toileting;
> 2. transferring on/off the toilet;
> 3. while cleaning/wiping immediately after toileting?
>
> There are, of course, statistical data for these issues but I
> wanted to hear directly from those of you who read this list.  I
> very much appreciate anyone who takes the time to respond.  Be well.
>
> Bill Maloney, OTR
> www.embracelifewell.com
> --
> Options?
>   www.otnow.com/mailman/options/otlist_otnow.com
>
> Archive?
>   www.mail-archive.com/otlist@otnow.com

> ****************
> Enroll in Boston University's post-professional Master of Science
> for OTs Online. Gain the skills and credentials to propel your career.
> www.otdegree.com/otn
> ****************

Mary Alice Cafiero
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
972-757-3733
Fax 888-708-8683

This message, including any attachments, may include confidential,
privileged and/or inside information. Any distribution or use of this
communication by anyone other than the intended recipient(s) is
strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the recipient
of this message, please notify the sender and permanently delete the
message from your system.