I think your research is incredibly valuable  both to us as a profession
and ultimately to the communities we serve.  Here's why.
I'll use one of the areas your research is focused--interpersonal
expressions of caring.  Often the aged/elderly population have lost so
many meaningful expressions of "life and love" that bathing themselves
is completely irrelevant.  But holding that grand baby in their arms and
rocking them to sleep... now, suddenly that same person is alive with
meaningful occupation.  The problem is (as always) third party payers
could care less.  And I believe they could not care less because we
(OT's) have not demonstrated to them the value of this occupation and
how it impacts this persons ability to stay engaged...maybe even stay
home longer...maybe even have carry effect to other areas of personal
self care.
Keep it up!

Neal C. Luther,OTR/L
Rehab Program Coordinator
Advanced Home Care
1-336-878-8824 xt 3205
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Home Care is our Business...Caring is our Specialty

The information contained in this electronic document from Advanced Home Care
is privileged and confidential information intended for the sole use of [EMAIL
PROTECTED]  If the reader of this communication is not the intended recipient,
or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended
copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received
this communication in error, please immediately notify the person listed above
and discard the original.-----Original Message-----