Neal...what I think you did was not a professional act but a human act....you
can call it PT or OT.....this is how I address my patients in the SNF I work
at. Most times the OT is on top of the pt's life goals but, together we both
address the life situation via our treatment (whether improvment in function or
impairments).  We have the ole' division of the body (if OT is seeing pt, I
cannot address UE impairments/function, so, I relate it to LE impairments and
overall function based on what the pt will be doing at discharge, whether
staying in SNF or going home).  I think we can all play the modern medical game
to appease administration and insurance companies, but, knowing we are all
actually looking our for the life improvement outcomes.

Peace,

David
David A. Lehman, PhD, PT
Associate Professor
Tennessee State University
Department of Physical Therapy
3500 John A. Merritt Blvd.
Nashville, TN 37209
615-963-5946
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Visit my website:  http://www.tnstate.edu/interior.asp?mid=2410&ptid=1

This email and any files transmitted with it may contain confidential
information and is intended solely for use by the individual to whom it is
addressed. If you receive this correspondence in error, please notify the
sender and delete the email from your system. Do not disclose its contents with
others.