Hello fellow OT's,
I know that this is a professional forum, but I was hoping that I can pass
along some personal information. This groups seems like a tight group that has
a lot of access to many different people in the United States. I am trying to
reach as many people as I can....

My husband I have begun the process of open adoption. We are happy to announce
that our 'homestudy' and paperwork has been completed and approved by our
adoption agency. We are pursuing an open adoption, which basically means that
we will be able to meet with the birthmother while she is pregnant, hopefully
be a part of the pregnancy/birth and keep in touch with the birthfamily in some
aspect following the adoption of our future child. Although our agency is based
out of only four states, we are able to adopt from anywhere in the United
States. We are very excited about the process and hope you are too. We are now
ready to begin our next stage of seeking out a birthmother. Our agency has
recommended that we share the news that we are actively searching for a
birthmother to anyone we can. Our agency told us that word of mouth is an
extremely effective way of seeking out a mother who is ready for adoption. Our
friend, Frank DeMaria developed our wonderful "adoption website" to help us
spread the word. We are asking you for your help. Please forward this email to
friends and family in your contact list. We also hope that they will then
continue to email it out to their contact list. We realize that we are
attempting to create a chain letter but this is the easiest way for us to
branch out to notify as many people as possible. For those people who don't
personally know us, feel free to look at our website or contact our agency to
find out more about us. We have heard many stories of adoptive families finding
a birthmother, not from the initial email that is sent out, but from a friend
of a friend, of a friend, etc. So we would appreciate that this email continues
to get past along.  We have an email and toll-free number specifically set up
for our adoption so birthparents can get in touch with us. The birthparents can
also get in touch with our agency directly if they are not ready to talk with
us immediately. We thank you for all of your good wishes and support.    Thank
you so much! Angela and Matt Bernier   Our Direct Toll Free Number:
1-888-620-2025 Website: www.angelaandmatthew.com  Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Independent Adoption Center: 1-800-877-OPEN (6736) or
www.adoptionhelp.org/birthmother

http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/127032869/direct/01/