From: Ron Carson <rdcar...@otnow.com>
Subject: Re: [OTlist] Would you?
To: "Amber nollen" <OTlist@OTnow.com>
Date: Thursday, August 6, 2009, 7:10 AM

Hello All:

No, this is not a hypothetical situation. I did in fact decline seeing
this therapist's patients. To me, it only makes sense that a therapist
who believes that OT should NOT focus on the UE would not treat
patients where the focus is on the UE.

Remember, that a while back, I sent my clinical supervisor and
regional manager a message declining to work with UE-focused patients.
I was called into their offices to explain my message. So, to now see
patients with an UE focus is just wrong.

Regarding the statement, "goals should be related to function", EVERY
therapists goals are related to "function". Almost every PT goal is
read is about function. So, what is it that makes OT different?

I remain convinced that the insistent focus on treating UE is nothing
but 'crappy PT', to quote another OT listserver.

Ron

~~~
Ron Carson MHS, OT
www.OTnow.com