----- Original Message -----
From: pat <pat0...@earthlink.net>
Sent: Thursday, September 10, 2009
To:   OTlist@OTnow.com <OTlist@OTnow.com>
Subj: [OTlist] Ron!  Someone thinks OT is more valuable than PT!

p> In setting up the fee schedule for my new private practice, I discovered
p> that, at least in TX, Medicare thinks OTs are more valuable than PTs.  I
p> was surprised to learn that they allow $70.95 for an OT eval, but only
p> $67.08 for a PT eval.  Why do you suppose there is a difference?  None of
p> the other codes pay differently depending on if the service is performed by
an OT or PT.

p> Pat

p> --
p> Options?