Helge Hess wrote:
On 05.07.2005, at 16:04, Kervin L. Pierre wrote:

The best way to help would be to write a good,
general purpose, cross-platform GroupDAV library.

Like libneon and libical?

that's exactly what I was thinking ( I think there
are some alternatives for libneon too if one was
opposed to that ).

Something that would take care of all the iCal,
HTTP, and XML processing away from the main app.

See above. GroupDAV itself has no special requirements (a GroupDAV specific client library is unnecessary).

I meant something that would make building the
packets easier, even if it's only XML/WebDAV.  A
high level library.

I have already pulled libical into the tree and I
am using it for CalDAV.  I was using libneon but
recently replaced it with MSXML due to lack of
sufficient documentation.  Something that uses
those for prereq's would be perfect.

Eg. for logon, I don't want to have to build a
GroupDAV packet and send it, and then check for
GroupDAV specific properties on the server, deal
with GroupDAV specific error conditions etc... But
would mind doing...

 int groupdav_logon( char *uri, char *user, *pass,
                groupdav_session **sess);
... which would basically connect to the server
and make sure uri was a GroupDAV calendar and the
required properties were present and sane.

and...

 int groupdav_new_event_obj(....)

maybe also

 int groupdav_event_send(....) as well.

Basically a wrapper around the iCal/HTTP/XML APIs
that would make communicating with the server a
bit easier.

Regards,
Kervin