Hello,

Along with the config in the file, you need in Sysconfig the change the
defaults to enable AD Authentication. Look in sysconfig for LDAP and you
will get FrontEnd::Customer:Auth, there you need to configure the same
settings as in your config file.

Regards

gdimitraka...@pancretabank.gr>:

> Hello!
>

> Can someone explain a little bit more analytically how one can use AD to
> authenticate users?
>

> I read the “External Backends” section in the manual but a few things are
> not clear to me.
>

> So far I have managed to perform section 5.2.2 (
> https://otrs.github.io/doc/manual/admin/stable/en/html/
> external-backends.html#customer-backend-ldap) which is to configure AD
> for customer backend.
>

> When completed from the menu Admin->Customer Users I can see the people
> defined on the AD to access OTRS.
>

> Of course they are not able to authenticate. I am reading below section
> 5.3.2.2 (https://otrs.github.io/doc/manual/admin/stable/en/html/
> external-backends.html#customer-auth-backend-ldap)
>
> but that doesn’t work with a “wrong password error” although the apache
> log says “Cannot find ID for USERNAME”
>

> What I am trying to understand here is if I need somehow before
> authenticating to put the AD entries into the OTRS database so that it can
> retrieve the “username” and then by using the next part to authenticate at
> the AD using that.
>

> If someone could share its configuration would be very nice.
>

> In general what I am trying to achieve is not to have any users on OTRS DB
> and do everything from AD. For the moment I have configured two AD groups
> one for Agents and one for Customers. Ideally OTRS should be able to
> distinguish between those and allow login accordingly. So if you have any
> configuration that you can share it will be much appreciated.
>

> Best regards,
>

> G.

> __________________
> Το περιεχόμενο αυτού του ηλεκτρονικού μηνύματος και τυχόν συνημμένα αρχεία
> είναι εμπιστευτικά. Απευθύνεται μόνο στους αναφερόμενους παραλήπτες. Αν
> λάβατε αυτό το μήνυμα εκ παραδρομής, παρακαλείσθε να επικοινωνήσετε αμέσως
> με τον αποστολέα του μηνύματος ή τον διαχειριστή του συστήματος και να μην
> αποκαλύψετε σε κανένα το περιεχόμενο. Οι απόψεις που εκφράζονται ανήκουν
> στον συγγραφέα και δεν εκφράζουν κατ' ανάγκη τις απόψεις της Παγκρήτιας
> Συνεταιριστικής Τράπεζας.
>
> The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential. It is
> intended for the named recipients only. If you have received this email in
> error please notify the system administrator or the sender immediately and
> do not disclose the contents to anyone. Any views or opinions presented are
> of the author and not necessarily represent those of Pancretan Cooperative
> Bank

*Alvaro Cordero RetanaConsultor de Tecnologias*
*Tel: 22585757 ext 123*
*Email:* alv...@gridshield.net