Hey guys,

We're running the latest version of 5.0 (otrs-5.0.26-01.noarch).
We have been running this version for a while now (successfully)
and have had zero problems with it. Now, because of some changes
further up the chain, or customer base is having to either sign
or encrypt their email. Because of this, we need to set up OTRS
to pull certificates out of an LDAP directory (because all of the
public certificates are able to be pulled from there), but we do
not want to handle ANY authentication there (because the OTRS
database already has all of the information there - including all
customers, and they can successfully log in if needed).
Essentially, we want all incoming emails to have the email
address pulled, then have it pull the certificate from the LDAP
directory for them (I have a majority of the LDAP details, and I
can test as needed) so that it can store that certificate and use
it whenever needed. We already have a certificate set up (SMIME)
in OTRS, so we can send the responses signed, but until we can
have it pull the certificate and handle the signed email, all we
get is the following inside of OTRS:

This is what I am trying to alleviate. I want it to show as it
should, not what they're having to do now (in most instances,
they can open that smime.p7m file and view what's in it, which
includes the text from the message, but I am pretty sure OTRS can
handle that part automatically, so I'd like to make it function
as such.

Again, the OTRS MySQL database has ALL of the login credentials
there, as well as all customer details. All I want to do is pluck
the public certificate from an LDAP server using the customer's
email address, and once it retrieves it, go about normal business
with that.

Can someone point me in the right direction here?

Thanks!

--
Take Care,
Randall Hobbs