In trying to use OTRS in real life we are finding it a bit
cumbersome to allocate tickets to agents and inform them.
The problem is not everyone is logged into OTRS all the time
so under our old system we used to email support requests to the person
who could best solve them.

Under OTRS we can set the owner of the ticket to the best person but
until they login to OTRS they do not know about it.

Current workaround is probably going to be create a queue for each
person so they get the auto email when a ticket is moved to it but
that seems the wrong way.

Is it possible to add an "email new owner on ownership change" option?
How easy would that be? I am thinking of just changing Ticket/Owner.pm
to send out email once I find a suitable section of code to copy.

--
Phil Davis
IT Action