Hi, I hope I can help with this info:
If You want to know (for sure) which modules are installed, then
use pmtools. Here is short description what they can:
----
The pmtools suite written by Tom Christiansen to help navigate and manage
Perl module installations. You can obtain them at
http://language.perl.com/misc/pmtools-1.00.tar.gz.
>From the README:
This is pmtools -- a suite of small programs to help manage modules.
The names are totally preliminary, and in fact, so is the code.  We follow
the "keep it small" notion of many tiny tools each doing one thing well,
eschewing giant megatools with millions of options.
pmpath - show the module's full path
pmvers - get a module version number
pmdesc - get a module description
pmall - get all installed modules pmdesc descriptions
pmdirs - print the perl module path, newline separated
plxload - show what files a given program loads at compile time
pmload - show what files a given module loads at compile time
pmexp - show a module's exports
pminst - find what's installed
pmeth - list a class's methods, recursively
pmls - long list the module path
pmcat - cat the module source through your pager
pman - show the module's pod docs
pmfunc - show a function source code from a module
podgrep - grep in pods of a file
pfcat - show pods from perlfunc
podtoc - list table of contents of a podpage
podpath - show full path of pod file
pods - list all standard pods and module pods
sitepods - list only pods in site_perl directories
basepods - list only normal "man-page" style pods
faqpods - list only faq pods
modpods - all module pods, including site_perl ones
stdpods - list standard pods, not site_perl ones
----

For example with pminst, You can get EXACT list of installed Modules.

Ah, btw. David Krcek and Me managed to install otrs-beta on
FreeBSD 4.7-Stable + Apache + Mysql + Perl...
Some fine tuning needed but systems are alredy online and
productive :)

thx for this exepctional prog :)

regards
Thomas W. Horna