Nick Loman wrote:
Gene Parks is right that I want to run everything from e-mail, whilst
taking advantage of the Web backend as a history/repository/analysis
resource.
Last year I asked an almost identical question but was persauded to try and use the OTRS web interface for a while.

Well, after a month or so almost all our agents were using the web interface and the system is working well.

One thing we do is to add a psuedo user to the OTRS system who has
notification on new tickets (on incomming queues only) set to true. This
user is actually a mailing list.

This means when a ticket comes in, everyone subscribed to the mailing
list gets the "new ticket notification" which includes a bit of the original email and a hyperlink to the zoomed ticket. Also anyone can
reply to the mailing list post and it will be auto threaded onto the ticket since it now has the ticket number in the subject line (any such replies go to the ticket owner, not the customer).

--
Phil Davis
IT Action