Martin Edenhofer writes:
> > I've looked at CustomerCreateAccount.dtl in an attempt to create a
> > login page that separates Login from Email. I noticed that there was a
> > "Login" section that had been commented out. I reinstated it, changing
> > value="$Data{"UserEmail"}" to value="$Data{"UserLogin"}".
>
> Sorry, the field name is wrong. Change it to:
>
> [...]
> maxlength="50"></td>
> [...]
>
>  -=> name="Login"! And is should work.

That's what I had. I omitted to mention that I had changed from
'name="Email"' to 'name="Login"' too. I created two users, and both
Logins came out as the email address. Without changing anything, I've
tried again, and this time the Login is what I entered in the Login
box. C'est la vie.

> Jim, do you have all your customer-users in a central database or
> ldap directory?  This would save you a lot of time and customer-user
> questions, because they don't need to create a new account and they
> don't need to set a new password.

We authenticate our departmental Linux logins against the campus
Windows Active Directory using the Linux pam_krb5 module. Does that
mean there is hope? I don't actually know much about the Windows AD.

Jim