Hi,

On Tue, Mar 18, 2003 at 07:55:51AM -0800, Wes Plate wrote:
> Hello, this is my first post, we just got OTRS up and running and we are now
> starting the configuration and testing process.  We have 1.0.2 installed.

;-)

> First question:  It concerns me that when I am creating a reply to a
> customer, my email message in the window shows "> "  instead of "> " at
> the beginning of each quoted line.  In case your email client was smart and
> fixed what I typed, remove the spaces between these characters to see what
> I'm saying:  " & g t ; "

This looks like a bug. Please go to http://bugs.otrs.org/ and create a new
bug report with your browser information. Thanks! :)

> Second question:  Ticket locking--  What is it and why?  I've read the
> documentation and it doesn't speak much about Locking.  The reason why I ask
> is that when I reply to an issue, the ticket seems to get locked making a
> follow-up reply from the customer not appear in my QueueView (I also don't
> get notified of the reply from the customer).  I have to go in and unlock
> the message before I see the reply in my Queue.  I think I'm just not
> understanding ticket locking.  My goal is to A) get notified of follow-up
> replies and B) have all follow-ups appear in my QueueView.

Ticket locking is used to lock tickets. So nobody else can work on it and
if the ticket is locked nobody else can see it in the QueueView.

A) The agent-follow-up-notification must be enabled in the agent preferences.
   (added new chapter to the doc:
http://otrs.org/pages/index.pl?Action=Ext&Site=Docu-CVS/notification.html)

B) Normally you want not to unlock tickets on follow-up because the last
    agent is involved in the ticket and can answer the ticket with the best
    info (the last agent knows more about the customer).

    -=> There is a config option (for each queue) to lock/unlock tickets
      on follow-up if the ticket is already unlocked.

 If you are worry about long locked ticket, use the lock timeout (e. g. 1 h)
 and unanswered tickets are automatically unlocked and shown again in the
 QueueView by the system after 1h.

> Wes Plate
>  Automatic Duck, Inc.

  Martin