I have only dealt with less sophisticated Help Desk programs.  Please forgive me.  What I thougt this system would do is that the customer would log in to the customer.pl page and create a new ticket.  From here, the system would email the appropriate person.  This appropriate person (technical staff) would receive an email saying "Hey, there's a ticket out there for you."  I would then go into OTRS and review the ticket, etc.

Is this possible?  If so, what do I configure to get it so the ticket created will somehow cause OTRS to email the technical staff that a new ticket has been created?  Thank you again.

Do you Yahoo!?