OTRS also comes with a nicely prepackaged backup script:

~otrs/scripts/backup.sh

This worked great on my Redhat 8 box.

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefan Wintermeyer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2003 1:44 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [otrs] Backup Procedure

Hi Charles,

On Tue, Jul 29, Charles R. Rusty Thompson wrote:
> Can anyone share a backup procedure for OTRS using MySQL on SUSE Linux
> 8.1?  I keep putting it off and we're too far into using it now to
> have anything bad occur. :(

You can use the MySQL documentation for the database backup. Have a look at
http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Backup.html

To backup the OTRS config files is easy. Just use tar.

take care
  Stefan

--
Stefan Wintermeyer

   I love this planet. I've got wealth, fame, and access to the depths
   of sleaze that those things bring. (Bender)
                                                            "Futurama"