Hi Avi,

never seen this problem on RH9
the installation is really straight forward, with everry package avalaible
inthe RH9 CD . (notice: without GDperl package for the stats graphs)

but each time i tried to install after i forgot to create the user "otrs",
it writes a lot of incredible messages ...

Did you forget it too ?
Jerome

Miller, Avi wrote:

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help me out here: I've installed OTRS on a Redhat 9
system, using the Redhat 8 RPM (though, the same thing happens installing
manually via the tarball). Everything installs fine, but the CRONTAB entries
don't run. I get the following errors for PostMasterPOP3.pl,
UnlockTickets.pl and GenericAgent.pl -- I assume I'll get the same errors on
all the scripts, when they run.

install_driver(mysql) failed: Can't locate loadable object
for module DBD::mysql in @INC (@INC contains: /opt/otrs/Kernel/cpan-lib /opt/otrs /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl ..) at (eval 35) line 3 Compilation failed in require at (eval 35) line 3.
Perhaps a module that DBD::mysql requires hasn't been fully installed at /opt/otrs/Kernel/System/DB.pm line 103

What's interesting about this error is that it only happens when the otrs
user tries to run the script. If I run the script as root, it works just
fine. So, there is something wrong with the permissions for the otrs user.
I've been trying to search on this, but can't seem to find anything.

Any assistance would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Avi

---
Web Infrastructure Manager
National Office for the Information Economy
Phone : 02 6271 1120
Mobile: 0412 229 687