Jason Coltrin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> One more issue is our installation does not have graphs
> installed. I would like to install this but I'm
> unfamiliar with CPAN. Our OTRS is installed on Debian
> and I'd like to install the graphs with as little pain
> as possible.
> Will following the steps below install graphs on the Stats page?

>    a) Install the RPMs if your distributions provides
>       RPMs for the required CPAN modules.

Of course you can use the respective deb-packages.

>    b) Install the required modules via CPAN shell (http://www.cpan.org/)
>       perl -MCPAN -e shell;
>       install Digest::MD5

"apt-cache search perl |grep -i digest" would help you
find "libdigest-md5-perl", which is the required
deb-package here.

>       install Net::DNS
>       install MIME::Base64 (if Perl < 5.8)

If you can't find a deb-package, you should use
"dh-make-perl --build --install --cpan <modulename>" in
order to get it from CPAN, build it, generate a
deb-package and install it in one step.

For the graphs in OTRS you most probably need

GD
GD::Graph
GD::Graph::lines

which should be included in "libgd-graph-perl".

by
Töns
--
There is no safe distance.