Hello,

I would like to find out if anyone could explain to me how to reconfigure otrs to work from a user account at an ISP.

Because it is an account at an ISP that means:
--no access to root
--cannot make an OTRS specific user
--cannot put scripts anywhere but within my home directory.

What I have done is to have a link to the otrs/bin directory under my public_html/cgi-bin directory.

The farthest I have gotten using the installer just shows an error without any indication where the error happened:

Error: Directory '/usr/local/apache/cgi-bin/../../scripts/database' not found!

Comment: Contact your Admin!

Because the version of perl on the system is not up to date, I have changed the first lines of the perl scripts using the following shell script:

for i in `find ./`
do
if [ -f $i ] ; then
sed -e 's/^#!\/usr\/bin\/perl/#!\/usr\/local\/perl-5.8.0\/bin\/perl/' $i
$i.new
mv $i.new $i
fi
done

I have a potential customer who would like to use it for his own business, and because I really think that OTRS is the bomb, I would like to be able to set it up for a lot of people.

Thanks,
Daniel Selders