Agents can be notified for a new ticket via e-mail. To use this, go to
Administration, select an Agent and you will see in his personalised options
a feature that allows him to be notified via e-mail when an event occurs at a
queue he is subscribed to. Events like - a new ticket has arrived, ticket has
changed his owner/state and etc. Simple, isn't it?

--
Best regards,

Teodor Georgiev
Information Services Plc.