Hi Mark,

On Wed, May 05, 2004 at 02:31:20PM -0700, Mark Menke wrote:
> I'm trying to run OTRS using active directory, and everything works when
> I point to to a lower level domain controller (expect I can't
> authenticate people in the other locations).  When I point to a higher
> level domain controller, it seems like Net::LDAP is not picking up the
> referal.
>
> I watch it with a packet sniffer, and I see the DC send the referal to
> another DC.  When I enable debug in the LDAPNew.pm module, the return
> code from the ->search is 0, not 10.
>
> Any ideas on why the referal is not working?

LDAP referal is not implemented in Net::LDAP. We already had this problems
with active directory with other customers.

The best (and fastest) solution is to configure the global catalog server
as OTRS-LDAP host.

 *) Go the find the ads global catalog server (it's running on an other port,
    i think 3268 but I'm not sure)
 *) Configure OTRS to use this port for LDAP access.

PS: A disadvantage of ldap referal is also the many connects (to the different
servers in you company lan) and the long time to search the whole tree.

> -Mark

  Martin Edenhofer

--
((otrs.de)) :: OTRS GmbH :: Norsk-Data-Str. 1 :: 61352 Bad Homburg
        http://www.otrs.de/ :: Manage your communication!