From: "Thomas Nilsen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "User questions and discussions about OTRS." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, April 27, 2004 6:34 AM
Subject: RE: [otrs] LDAP and active directory authentication problems

Since OTRS 1.2 supports basic http auth, one should be able to write a new
login front-end that uses the Apache AuthenNTLM module. The problem is that
the username returned by apache is based on "domainname\username", hence the
need for a new login front-end that modifies the username before sending it
to the login function of otrs.

Another problem with the AuthenNTLM is that it sometimes locks up when using
POST. Where we use this module, we have set up a sublevel folder for /auth/
which does the authentication, and then pass the username on to the actual
application via a session variables (PHP) or redirect. However, I have not
yet had time to look at setting this authentication scheme up with OTRS...

Thomas

DISCLAIMER:
This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and
is the property of the Roxar Group. It is intended only for the person to
whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not
authorised to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use
this message or any part thereof. If you receive this message in error,