Hi Rajiv,

a nice patch! :) We added this feature to the cvs version
(also OTRS 1.3).

There is now a config option to enable/disable this feature

[Kernel/Config.pm]

    # PostmasterFollowUpSearchInReferences
    # (If no ticket number in subject, otrs also looks in In-Reply-To
    # and References for follow up checks)
    $Self->{PostmasterFollowUpSearchInReferences} = 1;

[...]

The default is off because some people don't want this feature.

Anyway a really good work Rajiv!

Thanks!

 -Martin