OTRS main list wrote:
> In the documentation on using LDAP to authenticate, to restrict
> access to a list of people it is recommended that a posixGroup be
> created. I know how to create a "regular" group in the Active
> Directory, but how do I make a "posixGroup"? Is there some special
> tool that comes with Windows 2000 Server to create posixGroups?

Just a regular group will work fine.  The authors created the LDAP
functionality for OpenLDAP type servers and have tried to adapt that
functionality to Active Directory.  Most of their assumptions are correct
but others are not.  The documentation is slowing being refined as end-users
find and correct errors.  So, don't worry too much about the terminology.
There isn't something called a "posixGroup" in AD, but there doesn't have to
be.  It just has to be a group.  "posixGroup" is how it is referred to in
*LDAP servers.

I have been using AD successfully for several months now.  If you have any
more questions, I will be glad to assist you.  Let me know.

Tyler Hepworth