On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 17:13:42 +0100, Tom Simpson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I'm having problems with "Phone ticket" under OTRS 1.3.2.  When I put in
> the customer name and ID with an email address outside of "sun.com", it
> responds with "invalid MX".  I've set
>
> [...]
>      # CheckEmailAddresses
>      # (Check syntax of used email addresses)
>      $Self->{CheckEmailAddresses} = 0;
> [...]
>
> Example 13-6. Kernel/Config.pm - CheckMXRecord
>
> [...]
>      # CheckMXRecord
>      # (Check mx recorde of used email addresses)
>      $Self->{CheckMXRecord} = 0;
> [...]

OTRS only accepts email addresses for delivery of mail.  If you put a
customer name or id in the From field then it will do a search of the
customer database looking for an email address.  If it cannot find the
customer name or id in the DB or it cannot find an email address for
the name/id, then it will return the message invalid mx.  If you do
not have a DB entry for the customer, then you have to type out the
full email address in the From field.  It should accept that just
fine.

Hth,

Tyler Hepworth