On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 18:01:56 +0200, Patrik Forsberg
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >       Thanks for your help.  I've created a new GenericAgent job
> > called "AssignOwnershipComputer", and configured it as you suggest.
> > I run into a couple of problems, though.
> >
> >       First, after I create the job, I get the message " 6 Tickets
> > affected! You really want to use this job?".  There's no "Yes" button
> > or anything similar to click.  What should I do?

It is just a warning of what will happen if you use this feature.  Not
a request actually.

> >       I went to the GenericAgent job list and saw that the
> > job was there, so I clicked "Run Now!" to see what happened.  There
> > weren't any complaints, but the ownership of the tickets in the
> > Computer queue hasn't changed, either.  They're still owned by
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >
> >       In /var/log/messages I see:
> >
> >       OTRS-CGI-10[3836]: [Notice][Kernel::System::Generic
> >       Agent::JobRun] Run GenericAgent Job
> > 'AssignOwnershipComputer' from db.
> >
> >       One other question:  Can I get GenericAgent to check the queue
> > more often than every 10 minutes?
>
> Yes, but not throw DB. I'd probably add it to the system version of
> GenericAgent and it would look something like this:
> 'AssignOwnerCompter' => {
>         Queue => 'Computer',
>         States => ['new', 'open'],
>         Locks => ['unlock'],
>         New => {
>                 Locks => 'lock',
>                 Owner => 'someone',
>         }
> }
>
> then make your cron run GenericAgent.pl every 1 minute or something like
> it.

As Patrick suggested, you have to program the actual
Kernel/Config/GenericAgent.pm file to do this and then set your cron
to run more often.

> >  I'm worried that users will be
> > frustrated if they see a new ticket before GenericAgent has
> > changed the
> > ownership.  Ideally, I'd like to just set the ownership at
> > the time the
> > ticket is placed in the queue.
>
> You could possibly do this by hacking and slashing the Postmaster
> program some.. hm.. or possibly hacking Postmaster so it understands
> another "header" like "X-OTRS-Agent" and make procmail(or any filter
> soft) set the X-OTRS-Queue and X-OTRS-Agent via that..
>
> Well.. some ideas atleast ;)

Yep.  Ideas.....