Hi there,

We recently built an updated OTRS system on Windows 2000, running OTRS
1.3.1.  Since the upgrade, some of the attachments we receive are
garbled.  It doesn't seem to affect all attachments, but it does hit a
lot of them.  We typically only receive ZIP files, so I don't know if
other file types are affected as well.

Originally we had the system set to store attachments in the database,
so I switched that to the file system storage and tried sending a new
attachment.  It shows up in the system as the right size, but when I try
to download it and open it, I get the same error that the file is
corrupt or damaged.  I finally saved the downloaded file to take a look
at it, and I discovered that it's actually only about 76 bytes in
length, even though it's stored on the server as 200KB.  Obviously I
can't open the file on the server since it's stored with the extra
header information, but I took a quick look through the file and it
seems to be OK.  Another ZIPped version of the same file made it to 526
bytes one try and 519 on another, but the rest keeps getting cut off.
It doesn't seem to be any particular character that gets cut off in the
message; I thought for a while that it was choking when it hit a /0 in
the file, but it happily sent a few of those and then failed to send 0A.
And what's really weird is that it doesn't seem to have any problems at
all with some attachements, which are also ZIP files.

The client that we use to access OTRS doesn't seem to matter -- I've
tested it using Safari on Mac OS X 10.3, using Firefox 0.9 on Win2000,
and IE 6.0 on three different Windows machines (two Win2K, one WinXP).
The problem is the same in all cases.  This problem is also new since
the upgrade.  From my understanding, the support guys have been
experiencing it ever since the 1.3 system came online, they just got
around to telling me about it a couple days ago.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks!

--
Chris Salter
Software Engineer