On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 08:46:15 -0800, Davis, Paul <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello;
>
> I am new to OTRS.  I am using LDAP to authenticate to a Windows 2000 Server
> from a Linux box.  Wondering where OTRS is grabbing the CustomerID info from
> and how I can solve this problem of Error: Need CustomerID!!!  when I log
> on.  The log on windows server shows AD/OTRS account I set up is
> successfully authenticating.  Searching customers in OTRS with * shows all
> my users in active directory, but no CustomerID in their infos.  I can log
> in successfully when I use the agent login, but no the customer page.
>
> Thanks in advance for the help!

The problem is going to be with your CustomerUser settings in
Config.pm.  They should look like the following:

                # customer uniq id
                CustomerKey => 'sAMAccountName',
                # customer #
                CustomerID => 'mail',
                CustomerUserListFields => ['givenname', 'sn', 'mail'],
                CustomerUserSearchFields =>
['displayName','sAMAccountName','givenname', 'sn',
'mail','description'],
                CustomerUserPostMasterSearchFields =>
['displayName','sAMAccountName','givenname','sn','mail','description'],
                CustomerUserNameFields => ['givenname', 'sn'],
                Map => [
                        # note: Login, Email and CustomerID needed!
                        # var, frontend, storage, shown, required, storage-type
                        [ 'UserSalutation', 'Title', 'title', 1, 0, 'var' ],
                        [ 'UserFirstname', 'Firstname', 'givenname', 1, 1, 'var' ],
                        [ 'UserLastname', 'Lastname', 'sn', 1, 1, 'var' ],
                        [ 'UserLogin', 'Login', 'sAMAccountName', 1, 1, 'var' ],
                        [ 'UserEmail', 'Email', 'mail', 1, 1, 'var' ],
                        [ 'UserCustomerID', 'CustomerID', 'mail', 0, 1, 'var' ],
                        [ 'UserCustomerIDs', 'CustomerIDs', 'wWWHomePage', 1, 0, 'var'
],
                        [ 'UserPhone', 'Phone', 'telephonenumber', 1, 0, 'var' ],
                        [ 'UserAddress', 'Address', 'postaladdress', 1, 0, 'var' ],
                        [ 'UserComment', 'Comment', 'description', 1, 0, 'var' ],
                        ],
        };

The CustomerID is going to be the email address.  You have to make
sure there is a valid address in the field: Email for every user that
you have in the directory.

Hth,

Tyler Hepworth