Michael Smith wrote:

Hello All:

I am moving over from years of using RT and am excited about this
product.  I am trying to figure out a fundamental design question and
hope someone can provide a short answer.

In RT, incoming emails to particular addresses, say noc@, abuse@,
peering@, are automatically directed via Sendmail aliases pipes to
individual queues within RT.  I can't figure out how to accomplish this
task in OTRS.  Once thing of note, the mail server that fronts these
addresses has no POP accounts presently; all mail is forwarded via
aliases to other servers for selective processing.

Is it possible to keep this model with OTRS or do I need to change the
way I view local mail delivery?

Hi Mike!

According to what i know you can accomplish this by doing the following:
Set up the aliases to point to your main otrs e-mail address.
then the mail should be already configured to be piped into Postmaster.pl.
In OTRS  AdminArea->queue&responses->queue
add the relevant queues.

In AdminArea->system->E-mail addresses    add the relevant e-mail addresses
and assing the relevant queues you created before.

This should work. - let me know if it will ;-)

regards,
Boris Ratner.