On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 13:02:17 -0500, Jodi Blumenthal
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm seriously considering replacing our existing ticketing software
> with OTRS.  Can you tell me if I can customize the form our customers
> would use to submit tickets to the system?  I looked around the
> documentation but couldn't find an answer.

Yes it is possible.

You can:

A: Customize the frontend by building your own theme - see Chapter 17
in documentation
(this is a lot of work IMO)

B: Build your own web form that acts as frontend to a simple emailer
that will create plain text email from the form and send it to your
helpdesk address.
(this is what I do and find it to be quite simple  - i just recently
posted a full working example of the web form and the email backend on
this list)

There might be other ways as well.

Hth,

Tyler Hepworth