Hi John,

John Bray wrote:
I first installed otrs with MX checking on, and got lots of messages
about email addresses failing mx checks. So I reinstalled with mx
checking off, but when I login as root and try and change the root email
address it still claims the email address fails the mx check.

1) How can I stop these mx checks being done

Check your Kernel/Config.pm if CheckMXRecord is really "0".

In case you use mod_perl, restart your webserver to reload the config file. Then it should work.

2) could an option be added to the admin section to switch off mx
checking after installation, to save re-installing.

Yes. OTRS 2.0 later will have an admin interface to edit the config options. It's on our todo list.

John

Martin

--
((otrs.de)) :: OTRS GmbH :: Norsk-Data-Str. 1 :: 61352 Bad Homburg
        http://www.otrs.de/ :: Manage your communication!