Hi!

        I'm customizing the appearance of OTRS 1.3.2 using a new theme, so I
can
have a different "look&feel". My experience doing this is good so far, just a
bit tricky
sometimes.

        I would recomend you to create a new theme
(http://doc.otrs.org/1.3/en/html/dtl-
theme.html) before you make any changes. Another recommendation would be to
change the User Interface messages to something clearer to your users. For
example,
in spanish the translation it's far from perfect (way too literal and too
concise: too
"computer like" translation) and some terms don't have the same meaning in
english
and in spanish, and that confused some users.

        Bye!

On 7 Apr 2005 at 10:49, Torgeir Andrew Waterhouse wrote:

> hi
>
> I'm new to Otrs & will be installing it and starting a rather intense
> test period tomorrow, if things work out as expected I'll need to have
> a go at customizing otrs - and hence I have some questions.
>
> The environment I'll be using Otrs in is mainly with non technical
> agents who give advise on conusmer issues using email. These agents
> are mainly used to Outlook 2000 and some of find that to be a rather
> advanced (and sometime difficult) aplication.
>
> I've already browsed the developer portion of the docs and would like
> some feedback from people that have tried to customize Otrs.
>
> - Is there some kind of respitory with custom modules?
>
> - Are there any obvious do-s & don't's for customing the templates and
> has anybody got any recomendations on how to customize it to make it
> more user friendly for non-technical users.
>
> - Populate the faq from a xml file using a nightly cron job - has
> anyone tried something like this?
>
> - Has anybody made som kind of module that allows the agents to insert
> attachments in the same way the insert faq's?
>
> - Are there any obvious do-s & don't's for adding custom fields to the
> ticket? - I'll need to be able to at least to custom fields and have
> the content of those show up in the meta coloumn on the right hand
> side in the zoom view.
>
> - Has anybody got any noteworthy experience or write ups from
> integrating Otrs with other web aplications they'd like to share?
>
> - Has anybody got any experience with different custom fields and/or
> different templates based upon which queue a ticket is in?
>

> :torgeir

---
Victor R. Rodriguez
Departamento de Sistemas