Hi guys,

I'm pretty sure I've asked this before, but I can't find it in my saved mails (I have all of them since I subscribed).

I am building a new server for our office.  In the process I'm moving from SUSE 9.1 Pro to SLES 9.  OTRS is already the newest version, so there isn't much of a problem.  I moved OTRS from the old to the new server as follows:

- Install the rpm on the new server
- run the install.pl script on the new server, to let it create the database
- stopped the otrs and mysql services on both servers.
- made tarballs of the /opt/otrs and /var/lib/mysql/otrs directories on the old server
- deleted the above mentioned directories on the new server, and unpacked the tarballs in their place
- started the otrs and mysql services on the new server.

That seem to have worked, OTRS looks and acts just like it did before.

Now, I need some help with LDAP authentiaction.  My SLES server is running a OpenLDAP directory and everything is in there.  I would like my users to authenticate agains LDAP, so that when I add a user to the system (new employee, say) they automatically have access to OTRS and use their regular password.

Previously the users was part of the OTRS database.   How do I change this?

The LDAP part of the documentation only mentions Windows AD.  Does the info there apply to OpenLDAP authentication too?

My second question relates to the URL  http://server/otrs/index.pl - I would like to make it so that users can just type http://server/otrs (or even alias the "otrs" part to something like "support").    I'm not an apache guru, but I tried adding "index.pl" to the DirectoryIndex in both my /etc/apache2/httpd.conf file and the /etc/apache2/conf.d/otrs.conf file, but it won't work.  Any ideas on how to do this?

Thank you in advance
---
Kind regards
Hans du Plooy