If telling your boss about all the licensing costs which will be incurred (SQL, Windows etc) doesn't change his mind, you may wish to discuss the fact that there is an entire community (and a commercial organization!) supporting the product on MySQL and Apache.  Come to think of it, would one be able to run OTRS with another web server?  There isn't that much interdependence, is there?

- Pete McDonnell

From: Parent, Cyrille [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, April 14, 2005 6:15 PM
To: otrs@otrs.org
Subject: [otrs] IIS and MS SQL setup

Hi,

Just found out about OTRS yesterday and loaded it on a test box. The boss loves it and wants it in production ASAP to replace our less-than-perfect current solution.

My problem: he wants it on IIS with MS SQL on the back-end (separate servers).

Is anyone on the list doing it that way and willing to share his/her knowledge?

Thanks in advance!

Cyrille Parent
Assistant Director, IT Support Services
Pikes Peak Community College