Hi.

I don't have a good answer, but I'd love one.

We currently have over 110000 tickets, making free text searches extremly
slow. We have done two things to try and improve the performance. The first
was changing all the tables from MyISAM to InnoDb (both MySQL). Second was
moving the database for OTRS from the server it was running to our main DB
server. None of these measures helped much.

In the version of OTRS we are running (1.2.2) the free text searching is not
optimal. There is no indexing on any of the fields used, and there can't be
as they're text fields and not strings. Searching with wildcards makes
everything slow anyway, as indexing would not help.

We have just updated the "CustomerID" field for all tickets missing this
with the first used email address (inbound, outbound, note). This should let
our users search for all tickets using the "CustomerID" field rather then
using "From" or "To" fields in the email.

What would make this ultimately better though, would be to get our internal
Custimer ID numbers into OTRS, but I can't see any seamless way of doing
this. I'm sure I can "hack" this in some way, but not easily. :(

Best regards

Are Hoel
Systems Administrator
Telio AS - www.telio.no