Hi!

        Well, I'm not an expert, but it seems that the check to verify that
email is not
null isn't in the database, but on the code itself. In my DB, user_preferences
looks like:

user_id,preferences_key,preferences_value

2, 'UserEmail', '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
2, 'UserLanguage', 'es'
2, 'UserTheme', 'Neo'
2, 'UserQueueViewShowTickets', '15'
2, 'UserQueueView', 'TicketView'
2, 'UserRefreshTime', '5'
2, 'UserCreateNextMask', 'AgentZoom'
2, 'UserSendNewTicketNotification', ''
2, 'UserSendFollowUpNotification', ''
2, 'UserSendLockTimeoutNotification', ''
2, 'UserSendMoveNotification', ''
2, 'UserSpellDict', 'spanish'
2, 'UserComment', ''

        "preferences_key" can't be null, but it is any kind of "preference".
It's something
like pairs of properties asociated with the agent by it's user_id, so I don't
see any way to
control if it's null or not directly from the DB.

        Given the error traceback that you get if you try to setup an agent
without a
password, I would start looking in $OTRSHOME/Kernel/System/User.pm, them for
function UserAdd and... yes, there you have it!:

[...]
    foreach (qw(Firstname Lastname Login Pw ValidID UserID Email)) {
      if (!$Param{$_}) {
        $Self->{LogObject}->Log(Priority => 'error', Message => "Need $_!");
        return;
      }
[...]

        Remove "Email" from that "foreach" and try it... and let me know if it
works,
please! My system is currently in production and I can't take it down to test
this.

        Regards,

Ps: I've just discovered what you where asking for, sorry for the big and
dissordered
mail!

On 9 May 2005 at 1:40, sumeet prasad wrote:

> Victor, Peter,
>
> Thanks for the pointers. Its works.
>
> Some inside stuff of the problem.
> The schema where I am able to finduser emailis in user_preferences
> table. Schema is: #
> - # user_preferences #
> - drop table if exists user_preferences;CREATE TABLE user_preferences
> (
>  user_id INTEGER NOT NULL,
>  preferences_key VARCHAR (150) NOT NULL,
>  preferences_value VARCHAR (250),
>  INDEX index_user_preferences_user_id (user_id)
> );
> I am able to see UserEmail field at the mysql command line output of
> user_preference table. Preference key column has the "UserEmail" and
> the email address is under preferences_value.
>
> Can any one tell me how this field can be made null. First time i have
> come across INDEX index_user_preferences_user_id. Could any one tell
> me more on this schema. And how to make the UserEmail field null.
>
> Regards,
> Sumeet
>

> Victor Rodriguez Cortes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>     Hello!
>
>     As a workaround, you can use a non existent mail address like
>     "[EMAIL PROTECTED]". It's important that the domain
>     part of the mail address exists to pass the automatic MX check in
>     DNS.
>
>     Regards,
>

>     On 8 May 2005 at 23:50, sumeet prasad wrote:
>
>     >
>     > Hi OTRS Team,
>     >
>     > I don't want to give email address in the field Email: while
>     creating > user(agents). Its not creating user when email id not
>     given. > > How could I give null value in email field andcreate
>     users ? > > Its urgent. Could any one please give inputs. > >
>     Regards, > Sumeet

---
Victor R. Rodriguez
Departamento de Sistemas