Hi!

        As by:

        http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/encryption-functions.html
        http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/password-hashing.html

        It seems that the passwords used by OTRS is the "password()" function in
MySQL and you won't be able of using your actual client database directly. If
you
can access it via LDAP, maybe you'll be able of using it.

        Reading "http://doc.otrs.org/1.3/en/html/customer-user-backend.html"; you
can write your own database interface for OTRS, but I don't know if you can
specify
the hash type for the passwords.

        Just 0.01 cents... ;)

On 21 May 2005 at 15:43, Jerome Alet wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I'm currently trying to configure otrs 1.3.2p01-5 on a Debian
> box
>
> I would like to know if the password hashing algorithm is
> configurable somewhere or if there's a way to do the following :
>
> I'd like to interface an existing customer database with otrs,
> in which there are already customer passwords. The problem
> is that these passwords are hashed using the SSHA algorithm
> and not the one used by otrs it seems.
>
> My passwords look like '{SSHA}some_encrypted_stuff_here'. I know
> that the other application I use would accept things like
> '{CRYPT}some_differently_encrypteds_stuff_here', but the problem
> is of course that I don't have the passwords in cleartext.
>
> So can otrs validate customer passwords using SSHA encryption ?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Jerome Alet
> Support oder Consulting für Ihr OTRS System?
> => http://www.otrs.de/

---
Victor R. Rodriguez
Departamento de Sistemas