Hi!

        Are you sure that Apache-DBI is installed on your system? You don't
need to
load it from your otrs.conf, as it is used directly by apache2-perl-startup.pl.

        I had to modify the original apache2-perl-startup.pl to make it work in
my
environment. The path for the libs maybe different on Gentoo... This is my
apache2-
perl-startup.pl:

---
use strict;

# make sure we are in a sane environment.
#$ENV{GATEWAY_INTERFACE} =~ /^CGI-Perl/ or die "GATEWAY_INTERFACE not
Perl!";
# check $ENV{MOD_PERL}, $ENV{GATEWAY_INTERFACE} is deprecated for
mod_perl2
$ENV{MOD_PERL} =~ /mod_perl/ or die "MOD_PERL not used!";

# --
# set otrs lib path!
# --
use lib "/usr/share/otrs/";
use lib "/usr/share/otrs/Kernel/cpan-lib/";
#Path for Apache2 & Apache:compat libs (a MUST!!)
use lib "/usr/lib/perl5/Apache2/";

# pull in things we will use in most requests so it is read and compiled
# exactly once

#use CGI (); CGI->compile(':all');
use CGI (); CGI->compile(':cgi');
use CGI::Carp ();

#use Apache ();
otrs-startup.pl: unmodified: line 1
use Apache2;
use Apache::compat;
use Apache::DBI ();
Apache::DBI->connect_on_init('DBI:mysql:otrs', 'otrs', '0h!dios4');
use DBI ();
use DBD::mysql ();

use Kernel::Config;
use Kernel::Config::Modules;
use Kernel::Config::ModulesCustomerPanel;

(The rest is like the original apache2-perl-startup.pl)
[...]
---

        Hope that helps!

On 26 May 2005 at 10:01, Brian Ronk wrote:

> [...]
>
> Here's my otrs.conf, which is included in apache2.conf (the main
> config file for apache2):
>
> PerlModule Apache::DBI
> Alias /otrs-web/ /opt/otrs/var/httpd/htdocs
> ScriptAlias /otrs/ /opt/otrs/bin/cgi-bin
> PerlModule Apache::Reload
> PerlInitHandler Apache::Reload
> <Directory /opt/otrs/bin/cgi-bin>
>  DirectoryIndex index.pl
>  SetHandler perl-script
>  PerlHandler ModPerl::Registry
>  Options +ExecCGI
>  PerlOptions +ParseHeaders
>  AllowOverride Indexes
>  Order allow,deny
>  Allow from all
> </Directory>
> <Directory /opt/otrs/var/httpd/htdocs>
>  AllowOverride Indexes
>  DirectoryIndex /otrs/customer.pl
>  Order allow,deny
>  Allow from all
> </Directory>
>
> I have a feeling that if I can get Apache::DBI to work, then things
> will start working, but that's my block at the moment it seems.  I
> must be missing something, but I have no clue what at the moment.  Any
> thoughts?
>
> Brian Ronk
> System Administrator
> BookMasters, Inc
> (419)589-5100 x1108
>

> Victor Rodriguez Cortes wrote:
> >     Hi!
> >
> >     It seems that you haven't installed the "Apache-DBI" package... or
> > Apache2 is unable to find it. I haven't used Gentoo (yet), but I
> > suppose that all you need is to "emerge Apache-DBI" to solve this
> > issue. At least that seems to be the name for the package:
> > http://packages.gentoo.org/search/?sstring=dbi
> >
> >     Good luck!
> >

> > On 23 May 2005 at 16:54, Brian Ronk wrote:
> >

> >>Haven't been able to work on this for a while.  Just got back to it
> >>a bit today, and it looks like my apache2 isn't even running.  It
> >>can't load the apache2-perl-startup.pl.  I get the error:
> >>
> >>Can't locate object method "connect_on_init" via package
> >>"Apache::DBI" (perhaps you forgot to load "Apache::DBI"?) at
> >>/opt/otrs/scripts/apache2-perl-startup.pl line 24.
> >>
> >>Gentoo has 2 files that it works with: apache2.conf, and
> >>commonapache2.conf.  apache2.conf includes the other, and I created
> >>another file for the otrs config (otrs.conf).  I think this is where
> >>I called the apache2-perl-startup.pl file from.  It looks like
> >>Apache::DBI is not started, any idea where that would get put to
> >>start it up?  If need be, I'll post my otrs.conf for you guys.
> >>
> >>Thanks.
> >>
> >>Brian Ronk
> >>BookMasters, Inc.
> >

> > ---
> > Victor R. Rodriguez
> > Departamento de Sistemas
> > Valoraciones del Mediterraneo, S.A.
> > ---

> > Support oder Consulting für Ihr OTRS System?
> > => http://www.otrs.de/

> Support oder Consulting für Ihr OTRS System?

---