Hi Christian, and thank you for your diligent followups. (BTW, your mails
are coming in as attachments - are they HTML?)

>> Can you please tell me, how you try to pipe the mails into a specific
queue?

Yes, the .procmailrc file in the otrs user's home directory pipes all mail
in general to the postmaster perl script or log if that is dead (using
Martin's defaults, basically) and then I was trying to see if a GUI
postmaster filter was required. I made a mistake somewhere, since I tried
and retried this and now it is working. I think the problem must have been
that I entered a wrong character for one of the characters in the email
address searched for in the postmaster filter, and when it caused OTRS to
not forward, I started thinking OTRS was "not working as advertized."

So, it is working like this -

Mail ---> procmail filter (general)
Procmail ---> | $SYS_HOME/var/INBOX.Backup.$MONTHFOLDER ...to back up the
mail in a queue
Procmail ---> | $SYS_HOME/bin/PostMaster.pl
PostMaster.pl ---> OTRS other (?)
Other ---> queues and subqueues, based on set queue system addresses.

No GUI postmaster filters are needed and it just works.

Best regards,
Rick Cogley
Tokyo