The simple explanation is /opt/otrs is not mentioned
anywhere in the directory options, so it falls back
to the root directory, which is set to disallow access.
(to prevent people accidently making their whole system
accessable to the web)

You should be able to include the otrs config like so:

Include "/opt/otrs/scripts/apache2-httpd.include.conf"

Optionally, you can add sections to your main config to do
pretty much the same thing.

<Directory /opt/otrs/var/httpd/htdocs>
   AllowOverride None
   Order allow,deny
   Allow from all
</Directory>
<Directory /opt/otrs/bin/cgi-bin>
   Options +ExecCGI
   AllowOverride None
   Order allow,deny
   Allow from all
</Directory>

Michael Belz wrote:

Nicolas,
I went ahead and entered the following:
<Location /otrs>

# ErrorDocument 403 /otrs/customer.pl

ErrorDocument 403 /otrs/index.pl

SetHandler perl-script

PerlHandler ModPerl::Registry

Options +ExecCGI

PerlOptions +ParseHeaders

order allow,deny

allow from all

</Location>

I added this to the apache2-httpd.include.conf that is in the following dir: /opt/otrs/scripts directory....on freebsd this is the only place that really matched what you were talking about. I hope this sounds right!! I am using apache 2 as well.